How to achieve your goals for 2018? Share them with the whole wide web!
Goals, they are awesome!
Here is this past week’s progress:
1. Focus a lot more on my Ebay business and track how many hours I work each week.
It felt for some reason like a really slow week, but this past week I made $403.70 on ebay. Actually a really good week for me.
Here are my hours for last week:
Monday 15 min packaging
Tuesay – 2 hours photographing/listing
Wed – 15 minutes
Friday – 1 hour 15 min – photography/listing and packaging
Saturday – 15 minutes packaging
Total hours for last week: 4 hours
YTD hours spent on online sales business: 30 hours 10 minutes.
Sales Totals for 2018:
|| $ 1,603.95
|| $ 2.29
|| $ 60.61
|| $ 0
YTD Total Sales: $1,200.25
2. Pay down the mortgage as much as possible.
Sent in another $500 principal payment.
3. Save $300/month into a vacation/micro-adventure fund.
Nothing..but hoping this will be done in the next update.
4. Weekly date night with my husband.
No date night with my hubby as it was his birthday last week and we all went out to dinner as a family.
5. Track our spending.
Did a little bit of this last week. I’m not caught up yet..which is bad. Hoping to catch up this week.
6. Be more active/exercise.
Another good week for me. I did the Scientific 7 minute workout 4 times last week.
I’m also the kind of person that get’s cold really easily and instead of bundling up with thick sweaters like I normally do, I’ve been getting up every time I get cold and running around a bit and doing laps up and down the stairs into our basement. Figured that this would not only help warm me up, but it’s good for me to. 🙂
7. Let go of unnecessary stuff in my life (declutter/minimize/simplify – whatever you want to call it).
I had several lunch bags in our pantry that have been sitting there unused for quite some time. The kids used to use them all the time, but they’d also forget them at school and loose them once in a while. So I decided to purchase the brown paper lunch bags. The kids love these as they don’t have to bring anything home.
So the bags that I had are getting donated. I’ve also gotten rid of some clothes that the kids have outgrown or no longer like to wear.
8. Take more photos of my family and life.
Daisy and my youngest Mitchell. This kid has become quite shy at getting his picture taken, but at least he’s okay with it when the dog is in the photo.
We got some snow on Sunday and I thought it was beautiful…as always. Chicago winter weather! What’s not to like about it? 😉
9. An attitude of gratitude. I am grateful …
- Again for making time to work on ebay.
- For some amazing thrifted finds (clothing for myself and family) and for Saver’s 50% off sale days.
- For lunch dates with best friends.
- For celebrating hubby’s birthday.
- That my best friend has one only chemo treatment left.
- For having kids old enough to stay home by themselves.
- For a brief visit with my parents who came into town to take care of some business.
- For ebay. For such a fun part time business.
- For date nights and getting out of the house and spending time with the one you love.
- For hubby’s continued overtime.
- For a belated birthday lunch with my Mother In Law. We went out for authentic burritos and they were amazing. I have been going to this place since I was a teenager and the food never disappoints. So I’m also grateful that this place exists.
- For running into an old best friend of mine (from about age 12-18) that I haven’t seen in over 12 years.
I’m certain there’s more that I’m grateful for, but this is all that I ca recall without having taken any notes. What are you grateful for?
10. Microadventures. I love to get away. It could be a day trip to the beach. It could be exploring a new park or forest preserve. And this year I want to focus more on little microadventures. I hope for 1 per month.
Nothing to report.
12. Make ahead cooking and meals.
I made a double batch of Polish hamburgers called Kotlety Mielone (eaten without bread, but are breaded and fried) with the traditional cucumber salad and mashed potatoes. We enjoyed (a little too much as I haven’t made these in probably 10 years) them 1 day for dinner and I froze enough for another time.
13. Blog more regularly and maybe start making videos.
Working on it.
14. Drink a lot more water.
I am still consistently drinking about 3-4 per day.
15. Use a daily To Do List.
I’m loving using to do lists. It really helps me stay focused.
How are your goals coming along?? I’d love to read about them in the comments!
feature image courtesy of Unsplash.