How to achieve your goals for 2018? Share them with the whole wide web!
Goals, they are awesome!
Here is this past week’s progress:
1. Focus a lot more on my Ebay business and track how many hours I work each week.
This past week I made $240.02 on ebay and $2.29 (after all fees) on Amazon. Another decent week.
Here are my hours for last week:
Monday – 1hr photographing items
Tuesday – 1 hr listing
Thursday – 2.5 hours photography and listing/shipping
Friday – 15 min packaging
Saturday – 10 min packaging
Total hours for last week: 4 hours and 55 minutes
YTD hours spent on online sales business: 26 hours 10 minutes.
Sales Totals for 2018:
|| $ 1,137.35
|| $ 2.29
|| $ 60.61
|| $ 0
YTD Total Sales: $1,200.25
2. Pay down the mortgage as much as possible.
Nothing last week.
3. Save $300/month into a vacation/micro-adventure fund.
I’ve already met this goal for the month.
4. Weekly date night with my husband.
On Saturday hubby and I had to drop off a relative at the airport. After dropping her off, we got a coffee and sat around watching people at the international terminal. It was actually so much fun. We talked about all the different cultures and different fashion, etc. There was a Goodwill about 6 minutes from there so we stopped by. Hubby was able to find one item for resale. So I was glad; miles written off and the possibility to make a couple of bucks.
5. Track our spending.
I was able to work on this a little bit, but I’m still a little behind. Last week was a busy week and I spend a lot of time out with Family (it was my birthday week)
6. Be more active/exercise.
Last week was probably the best week I’ve had in terms of exercise for probably 20 years.
Tuesday – 7 min workout
Wed – on feet thrifting all day
Thurday 7 min workout – getting easier
Saturday – 7 min workout
Scientific 7 minute workout 3 times is a new record for me. I have to say that it is getting easier. When I first started, I was sore for the next several days. Now I feel it a little bit for the rest of the day, but I’m back to normal the next day. Really enjoying it and feel good about the strength training.
In order to get the best results, you should actually do the work out 3 times for a total of 21 minutes. But I’m still not ready for that…barely can finish the 7 minutes. 🙂
7. Let go of unnecessary stuff in my life (declutter/minimize/simplify – whatever you want to call it).
I got rid of a fern that I tried to overwinter in the bathroom. I really didn’t like the way it started looking so I threw it out. One of the principals of minimalism that I love is to only keep what you really love. Every time I looked at that fern above my shower (there is a shelf there), I would shake my head. It kept loosing leaves and it was ugly. Why was I still hanging on to it? Off to the garbage it went and I’m so glad it’s gone!
I also cleaned out a part of our bedroom. I had a few bins in the corner of the room and a few other things that I wanted to put away. I also got rid of almost everything I had on our dressers. The bedroom feels so much better now. So much calmer and peaceful. You may not realize it, but clutter causes inner unease. You don’t realize it until you feel the calm/peace after it’s gone.
And I cleaned out more of the floor in my closet. I’d still like to go through all of my clothes and get rid of what I don’t Love anymore.
8. Take more photos of my family and life.
I like how this image is a little distorted on Daisy’s nose, making it look so big. And I love how perky she is in this pic. My son must have been teasing her with a treat here?
Last week was my birthday and I chose to go out to a fast food Italian place nearby. Haven’t been there in years. We all ordered breaded steak sandwiches and cheese fries. So good.
9. An attitude of gratitude. I am grateful …
- The cooler temps and snow again on Tuesday. I still get excited every time it snows. Don’t really like the warmer rainy winter weather.
- The crazy fog that we had. It’s not often that it gets as foggy as it did on Monday, especially in winter…wow. I just regret not grabbing my camera and heading out to find some cool images.
- For Moviepass (NOT an affiliate link). I signed up for this service in December and we use it like crazy. If you like to go to the movies (and I LOVE the movies), you should definitely look into it. We pay $9.99 per person per month and can go to the movies every single day if we want. All for only $9.99 per person. This month we’ve already seen the new Maze Runner, The Shape of Water and All the Money in the World.
- For the dollar menu at McDonalds. On our way to see the new Maze Runner movie, I took my youngest son and hubby through the drive through. A nice cheap treat for them.
- For making the time to organize in my room..More closet stuff and cleaned off all dressers.
- For hubby’s continued overtime. Poor guy worked all weekend. But it might be ending soon, so I’m glad he worked the weekend!
- For all the lunch dates and birthday gifts from family. Hubby and I don’t exchange gifts.
- For realized that I like to go out to eat once in a while, but not too often. Because of my birthday last Wednesday, and the generosity of family, I went out 3 times last week. A little too much. I find that I don’t enjoy it as much when I go too often. It’s more special when you go less frequently.
I’m certain there’s more that I’m grateful for, but this is all that I ca recall without having taken any notes. What are you grateful for?
10. Microadventures. I love to get away. It could be a day trip to the beach. It could be exploring a new park or forest preserve. And this year I want to focus more on little microadventures. I hope for 1 per month.
Nothing to report.
12. Make ahead cooking and meals.
I made a double batch of Lasagna. I figured it would only take a little longer to make two instead of one. We enjoyed one Lasagna over several days and I froze the other for another time. This is one goal that I’m really enjoying.
13. Blog more regularly and maybe start making videos.
I posted 3 times last week. So far so good. We’ll see how long it lasts.
14. Drink a lot more water.
I am still consistently drinking about 3-4 per day. Very happy about this. Not sure yet if I’m feeling any different.
15. Use a daily To Do List.
Last week I only used a daily list through Wednesday. So no such a great list week. But I’m back at it again!
How are your goals coming along?? I’d love to read about them in the comments!
feature image courtesy of Unsplash.